COFFEE TOUR & JERICO TOWN VISIT
A Coffee tour to enjoy the most scenic landscapes traveling into the mountains to Jerico village. Have a farm experience and coffee tour host by small growers and their families. Enjoy a tasty authentic Colombian lunch. Next at Jerico, visit the places where “Carriel” is made. Become an expert in making a good cup of coffee at the best brewery in town.
Coffee, Local Living, Agritourism
- 125 gr. Organic grow coffee bag
- Farm entrance fees
- Traditional lunch
- Cup of coffee
- The guidance of local bilingual expert
- Private transportation for the trip: A/C, comfortable cars.
- Travel insurance for the dates of your trip
- Authentic Colombian drink, snack or fruit taste
Every day private tour from:
Private small groups from:
$55 USD / 9 + pax
Luxury Jerico Town
Daily Special every Friday
*Prices may vary according to the dollar conversion rate and travel dates. Please click book now for a precise quote and choose your dates and # of pax.
GALLERY FROM THIS EXPERIENCE
- Enjoy the interesting stops in the road to appreciate the better views.
- Share with a coffee grower family and appreciate the hard work behind every cup.
- Choose from more than 30 varieties of hi-quality coffee beans from the region to try and take home.
- Learn on how to make a coffee cup at home like a pro (30min workshop. Not available on Wednesdays)
- Support local community and fair trade by visiting the small size productions and buying their coffee. They have been chosen by the special flavor and high quality of their product.
Stay at the town of Jerico and enjoy the simple life of an Andean town. Take a break of the everyday speed, walk around , take a look at the museum or visit to the Natural Reserve “Las Nubes”. If you choose to stay at a Superior accommodation or Private Villa you will also get the most amazing views, and a great pool to relax.
Please notice due to time limitation this activities are available only for the overnight experience at Jerico. You can also customize your trip by contacting us.
- Horseback Riding
– Start the day with all the energy, be ready at 7:00am for your pick up. Get into the mountains and visit Jericó. A beautiful emblematic coffee culture town. Jericó town was bound to the coffee boom in the 70´s and 80´s. The houses architecture, the Land rovers jeeps all over, the mules and the infrastructure of the town tells part of it´s coffee history. The government have recognize the value of the town for the country´s culture and designate it as one of the Patrimonial towns of Colombia.
– Visit a small size coffee production with a traditional rural house and learn about the centennial tradition of coffee growing in small plots in the high forest.* Understand the coffee process from planting a tree to the harvest and to how to sell the grains. Colombia is famous for the quality of it´s coffee and you get to see exactly why. Enjoy lunch at the farm and get back to the town.
– Your guide will take you to the handcraft shops that also make the municipality, famous. There, you can buy unique bags and other pieces made out of leather, directly from the makers.
– Our last stop is at the best coffee-house in town to learn about roasting and delight the senses with the taste and aromas of the more special coffees in the region.
*Coffee cultural landscape of Colombia is officially on the UNESCO World Heritage List