GUATAPE TOUR + EL PEÑOL REPLICA + GIANT ROCK
Travel to one of the most visited places in Colombia. visit the massive 200 meters high geological wonder and enjoy the colorful town of Guatape in this day trip. You will see the only hydroelectric dam with touristic services in the country,
In case your flight leaves from MDE after 3:00pm, you can save some money by taking this tour and we will drop you off at the airport directly with no extra charge.
- The guidance of local bilingual expert
- Private transportation for the trip: A/C, comfortable cars.
- Travel insurance for the dates of your trip
- Authentic Colombian drink, snack or fruit taste
Every day private tour from:
Private small groups from:
$51 USD / 5 + pax
Luxury El peñol replica + giant rock + guatape town from
Daily Special every Wednesday
*Prices may vary according to the dollar conversion rate and travel dates. Please click book now for a precise quote and choose your dates and # of pax.
GALLERY FROM THIS EXPERIENCE
- Be amazed by the view from the top of “La Piedra del Peñol”
- Take a boat ride, enjoy the view of the stone and the visit to the ruins of the old Pablo Escobar house
- Your guide will take you to the must seeing places at the colorful “Guatapé pueblo de zocalos”
- Learn the making process of the “Zocalos” and get to know the artist that created the unique facades that make the place famous.
- Visit the replica of “Old El Peñol” a town flooded by the damn construction.
Choose to stay at Guatapé town and get some time for yourself. The standard accommodation is Guataclara, located at a natural reserve.
The following day you will enjoy yourself bathing on clear waters, having picnic and exploring the river shores and forest of San Rafael.
If you choose the Superior accommodation option or the private Villa, you will stay at the lake in the best hotels in the region or one of our gorgeous private properties.
Please notice due to time limitation some of this activities are available only for the overnight experience at Guatape. You can also customize your trip by contacting us
- Boat ride in the lake
- River excursions
- Sky equipment/sky clase
– Your bilingual guide will pick you up at your accommodation to start this 9 hours private tour. Enjoy the rural landscapes of the East Antioquia. Your guide will be sharing interesting facts of the country history and the development Antioquia region.
– Your first stop will be after 1 hour driving at the replica of the old village of “El Peñol” where you can buy beautiful handicrafts from all over the country. The construction of the damn left the entire town of Viejo (Old) Peñol underwater. The new Peñol was Builded in 1974, after the relocation. This natural hydroelectric power generator, was build on the 70´s and it provides 30% of the electric supply of the country. It is also use by the locals to relax, enjoy the weekend on a villa or practice water sports
– You can choose to take a boat to watch the stone from the water, and visit the ruins of the old Pablo Escobar house “La Manuela”.
– After the experience in the lake you will visit the “Piedra del Peñol” This huge monolith weights 10 million ton. And can be climbed using the 649 step masonry staircase. The effort is totally worth it given the marvelous views you get on the top. Keep up going on the 360-degree viewing platform will allow you to see a dramatic series of lakes and islands, created by the surrounding dam. You can also find there cold drinks and ice cream to cool you off.
– Authentic Colombian food from the region will be waiting for you at one of the restaurants near to the lake.
– Next, we invite you to have a taste full cup of coffee at the charming of “Guatape pueblo de Zócalos”. Tour the town and get to know the artist that created the unique facades that make the place famous. ). On the route back home, enjoy a typical dessert in the favorite place for locals
Optional: You will be back at your accommodation at 5:00 in the afternoon.