HISTORICAL TOUR + ESCALATORS+ RAILWAY + MEMORY MUSEUM
Curious about the history of Medellin in the past years? Visit genuine neighborhoods, learn the insights from their inhabitants. Witness the transformation of places that where once violent territories. Share with the Comuna 13 community, enjoy meaningful graffiti and ride the only public escalators in the world. Keep it real at the downtown in the “Salon Malaga”; a 50 year old coffee place and tango music sanctuary. Take a ride on the new railway. Try exotic fruits and learn about medicinal plants at the oldest farmers market in the city “La placita de Flores”. Tour the memory museum unique of it´s kind in Colombia.
City, Local Living
- Private transportation for the trip: A/C, comfortable cars.
- Tram Ticket
- Coffee in Salón Málaga
- Traditional handmade icecream
- The guidance of local bilingual expert
- Travel insurance for the dates of your trip
- Authentic Colombian drink, snack or fruit taste
Every day private tour from:
Private small groups from:
$45 USD / 9 + pax
Luxury Memory City Tour from
Daily Special every Thursday
*Prices may vary according to the dollar conversion rate and travel dates. Please click book now for a precise quote and choose your dates and # of pax.
GALLERY FROM THIS EXPERIENCE
- Meet the first project of free, public escalators developed for the Comuna 13 community.
- Enjoy the street art and Graffiti walking around the barrio
- Support the initiatives that have transformed the neighborhoods more affected by the war, through art and culture.
- Have a coffee at Salón Malaga and understand the importance of Tango Music for the city of Medellin
- Explore the railway line. The tracks have change the zone atmosphere. Giving more importance to beautiful squares surrounded by architectural gems.
- Visit the -Unique of it´s kind- memory museum, build with memories of the victims Solve some of your questions about the armed conflict in Colombia
- Walk around the Placita de Flores. Try exotic flavors, share with the vendors and find a medicinal use for every plant.
– Your bilingual guide will meet at your accommodation at 9:00am. The first place to visit will be the Comuna 13 community, on the West side of the city. Be introduce to a local guide from the neighborhood. She/He will take you through the most representative spots of the zone and to the only free public escalators in the world. The personal stories told by your local guide will give you a perspective of the past times in Medellin.
– The representative graffiti is also a fundamental component to appreciate in the construction of the new face of this locality. Try the best local ice cream at a popular “tienda” and admire the resilience examples of the people living there. After this authentic experience, your bilingual guide will drive you to the downtown.
– The “Salón málaga” a 50 years old bar will open it´s doors for you. It have been declared cultural patrimony of the city. Following the route a 5 min walk will be necessary to take the new Medellin Railway or Tram. It is a pleasant journey across points of interest in the downtown.
– At the end of the tour your bilingual guide will accompany you through the memory museum. This place was build based gathering the testimonies of more than 300 the victims of the armed conflict in Colombia.. It´s mission is to work for reconstruction, visibility and dissemination of historical memory, as a possibility of recovering civic identity and collective sense.
This is a tour to make a reflections about the war in a local context that can be extrapolated to other scenarios in the world.