Río Claro Natural Reserve Day Trip
Visit a river of crystal clear waters, that runs over million years old rocks forming a unique canyon of marble walls. Enjoy a full day of adventure activities and lush nature in the tropical rain forest.
Active Nature, Wellness
Active, Family, Wildlife
- Entrance fees
- The guidance of local bilingual expert
- Private transportation for the trip: A/C, comfortable cars.
- Travel insurance for the dates of your trip
- Authentic Colombian drink, snack or fruit taste
- Activities inside the park
Every day private tour from:
Private small groups from:
$65 USD / 9 + pax
Luxury Río Claro Natural Reserve from
*Prices may vary according to the dollar conversion rate and travel dates. Please click book now for a precise quote and choose your dates and # of pax.
GALLERY FROM THIS EXPERIENCE
- Explore a million years cave with thousands of stalactites, tunnels and big galleria
- Hike along a trail that winds up the marble canyon
- Appreciate the big variety of native trees and the unique marvel river.
- Choose between adventure or tranquil hiking activities.
OVER NIGHT ACTIVITIES
Make the most out of your visit to this natural reserve and stay for one night at Rio Claro. Standard accommodations are shared dorms. You can also upgrade to private cabins between the forest or a eco-hotel in a extraordinary natural location 1 hour driving on your way to Medellin.
On day two: You will visit another formidable natural place. Enjoy a hike and fresh water SPA build on a river stream and come back to the city feeling renovated.
- CANOPY: Feel the emotion of flying through the air with the zip line adventure
- RAFTING Navigate down the river in inflatable rafts while enjoying the exuberant tropical rain forest
– You will visit the Rio Claro Natural reserve. Your guide and driver will pick you up at 6:30 am. Starting this early will allow you to choose the activities you want to do and make the most out of your trip.
– The journey begins heading to the northeast of Antioquia. You will be traveling in the highway between Medellin and Bogota one of the most important roads in Colombia. Your guide will give you important insights about the history of the region during the trip. You will also see the well preserved ecosystems and native forest covering mountains.
– After one hour and a half of driving your guide will make a short stop to stretch a little and have a coffee. The view from the chosen place is fantastic, with the town of Cocorná on one side and a waterfall between the rain forest on the other. The great landscape make it one of the best spots in Antioquia for paragliding.
– Once you get to the reserve the car needs to be parked outside. A 5-10min walk is necessary to get inside the reserve. Get ready to have fun and get dress for the adventure. The reserve facilities include restrooms and lockers to store your personal stuff. It is very important to bring change clothes and comfortable shoes ideally suitable for water. We provide towels and flashlights for those wishing to carry out the activity in the cave.
– The activities at the reserve are done in groups. The schedule depends on the day and the season and the amount of people. Most of them start every two hours. Your guide will make the reservation for you prior to the trip this will assure that you get a spot, but your turn to go will be giving to you only once you are there. We recommend to book 2 activities maximum, to keep the tour schedule.
Lunch is at the reserve after the first activity. Meal options include pork, chicken, beef or fish. If you choose a second one you can make it after lunch or other wise make trek, relax watching the river, take a bath or find a nice beach to chill. You will leave the reserve at 4pm.
– After a very active day it is natural that you want to rest. You can relax and take a nap on your way back . Your guide will take care of everything, make a stop if needed and bring you back to your accommodation around 7pm..